Our teams are working very hard at the moment and we do not have the capacity to put grocery orders together for contactless pay. We have put in place a number of health and safety practices to ensure our teams, our customers and our community are safe while in-store shopping for their groceries.
Farro is giving priority of service in store to emergency workers in uniform or with ID so they don’t need to wait outside of stores or wait too long. If you are an emergency worker, go to front of the queue, register then proceed into the store.
We are no longer serving barista coffee. You can still buy our bagged coffee packs from our local coffee roasters Supreme, Kokako and Allpress in store, to make at home.
Yes, Farro is open. Whatever the alert level, ALL Farro stores are open as an essential service.
Store opening hours have changed and all Farro stores are open 9am to 6pm, 7 days a week, until further notice.
Every day we are getting deliveries of fresh bread, fruit and vegetables, meat, dairy and many more grocery essentials. Farro, our producers and suppliers are deemed as an essential service so we are all working throughout the lockdown period. We are re-stocking our shelves daily and we ask that you only take what you need to ensure there is enough for everyone.
We have stock limits on some products. (These include limiting the following to two per customer:
Edmonds Self Raising Flour, Edmonds Standard Flour, Healthy Grain Jasmine Rice and Healthy Grain Brown Jasmine Rice). Please only take what you need to ensure that there is enough for everyone.
The safety of our team, our customers and our community are top priority. As a result we have made several changes in-store:
- It’s now 2m separation to maintain between yourself and others. All our checkouts are marked on the store floors providing a guide of where customers need to queue to maintain a 2m distance.
- We will have a security person positioned at the store entrance to limit the number of customers. Please keep in mind, there may be a wait at the entrance because of this.
- We have reduced the number of checkouts that are open to make sure both our customers and staff are at a safe distance.
- We have set up temporary protective screens at checkout for our staff and customers to keep a safe distance. Our team are wearing gloves, glasses and face masks.
Farro remains committed as ever to being here for you, our staff and the community by providing quality nourishing food and maintaining a healthy place for your food grocery shop. We want to assure you about Farro’s deep care and concern around health and food safety in all of our stores and with our deliveries.
In addition to our already rigorous health and safety practices we have:
- Increased the frequency of our cleanings in our store especially on high contact surfaces like service counters, trolley handles, checkouts and EFTPOS pin pads
- Added extra sanitising stations around the stores for you to use
- Provided gloves and hand sanitisers for our customers prior to entry
- Provided compostable cups and containers for takeaway food and coffee. No reusable cups or containers will be used until further notice.
Farro will continue to take additional measures and guidance from the Ministry of Health to ensure our customers, our staff and the community keep safe.
So you can expect to see in store:
- Staff following physical distancing practices as listed above.
- Customer limits. There is a limit of how many customers will be allowed in each store and this will be managed by a security guard
- Excellent hygiene practices with frequent hand washing
- Responsible coughing or sneezing etiquette. Using your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues as per Ministry recommendation
- Be assured too our staff have the information and support they need to stay healthy or stay home if they’re not feeling well
- We have set up temporary protective screens at checkout for our staff and customers to keep a safe distance. Our team are also all wearing gloves, glasses and face masks.
No, not at this time however as the situation is ever-changing, we may revisit this in time.
You do not need to make an appointment to visit, however, we will be logging all customers prior to entry. This data will be used for Covid-19 tracing only. Please only shop as individuals, make it quick and shop with a list if possible.
This collected data will be only used for Covid-19 tracing purposes. You will be asked to go to www.guesthq.co.nz on your personal device and enter your full name and contact number. You will then be asked to show our security guard your check-in confirmation. All guests including children must be entered.
Due to high demand in-store we may not able to answer your call. Please email [email protected] and we will respond to your message within a day. Or leave a phone message we will respond as soon as we can.
Yes our store price promotions and competitions continue to be available in-store including Friends of Farro specials.
Due to the high demand of product during this time, we are unable to hold products for customers. Every day we are getting deliveries of fresh bread, fruit and vegetables, meat, dairy and many more grocery essentials. We are re-stocking our shelves daily.
Farro packs and prepares all kits according to strict health and safety standards. These measures include:
- All picking and packing staff wearing Personal Protective Equipment of mask, gloves and glasses
- Regular sanitising of hands including every time staff enter the packing area
- Social distancing with minimum of 2 metre separation
- All work areas cleaned down and surfaces sanitised between shifts
- Deep clean with World Health Organisation approved sanitiser each night
- No external visitors on site
Each kit is delivered directly to your door. Boxes will be delivered contactless according to the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment guidelines to ensure zero contact and maximise safety for customers and team members
Our courier charges for hampers are as follows:
Auckland - $8.00
Auckland rural - $16.00
North Island - $15.00
North Island rural - $23.00
South Island and Waiheke - $25.00
South Island rural - $33.00
No, Unfortunately, we can only offer next day delivery. Delivery will be Monday to Saturday only
As there can be delays due to traffic, we can’t guarantee a specific time even when we use point to point courier.
No, we’re no longer offering our online grocery shopping service. Online purchases will only be available for hampers, gift cards and Food kits.
Yes, provided that you enter your card number at checkout. This does not apply to the purchasing of gift cards or pre-orders.
Our gift cards do not have an expiry date when issued.
$6.00, this includes tracking.
The maximum value to which you can purchase a gift card is $1000.
No, gift cards can’t be exchanged for cash nor will change be given for any balance remaining on the card.
We ask that you treat your gift card as cash, we cannot guarantee that we will replace a gift card if lost or stolen. If your gift card is lost/stolen please contact us immediately.
Yes, but only Auckland-wide and we need to use point to point courier (more costly than standard courier). Preferably, someone will also need to receive the package in the recipient’s address to ensure the package is put in the fridge on arrival. If you’re not going to be home at the time of delivery please ensure that you leave a chilly bin/bag in which we can place the chilled products, please also leave detailed delivery instructions.
We offer a range of foodkit to cater to various tastes and budgets, to view our foodkits, please visit our hampers page.