Apples remain deliciously crisp over the winter. They add vibrance to both sweet and savoury recipes, making them great to have on hand over the cold season. We’ve rounded up a handful of our favourite ways to prepare these crunchy delights.
5 WAYS WITH APPLES
- While best crunched fresh, apples also make fantastic chutney or relish and in season is the time to make the most of preserving fruit so you can enjoy it for months to come. Apple and black mustard seed relish is the perfect partner to a roast pork loin with crispy crackling or roasted pork chops.
- Try making Baked stuffed apples with walnuts, honey and cider … a take on a German classic.
- If you have a soft spot for caramel apples – and let’s face who doesn’t – why not try a Caramel apple and pistachio upside-down cake?
- Try a Crisp apple salad – a perfect partner for grilled fish or poached chicken. Mix apple, celery, radish and watercress, then toss in a dressing of fennel, coriander, sumac, chilli and olive oil.
- For the weekend, why not make some super-quick and easy Apple, bacon and cheese toasties? They are so flavour packed you may never want to make anything else for lunch.