The start of the season is finally here and like any long-awaited treat, we simply won’t be able to get enough! Spring means asparagus literally at every meal.
We’ve picked our top 5 ways with asparagus to share with you.
– Keep it simple. Grilled with olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper – is there anything better?
– Wrap it up. Those long slender stems love being wrapped in free-range bacon or prosciutto. Both can get a quick char on the bbq for extra deliciousness.
– Stir-fried. Asparagus needs nothing more than a minute or 2 to cook through making it an ideal addition to a simple mid-week noodle stir-fry.
– Perfect match. Asparagus loves cheese – especially fresh cheeses like chevre and ricotta. Serve your asparagus topped with fresh ricotta, chilli flakes and olive oil either on its own or matched with some simple steamed or pan-fried fish. It will make any dish sing!
– Asparagus butter. If those thicker stems are not your thing? Don’t discard them! Steam or blanch them then throw them into the food processor with a good handful of just roasted almonds, fresh herbs and enough olive oil to combine to make a great nut butter.