Flavour Fiend finishing butters have been created by Owen Sinclair and Michele O’Brien to make life easier and bring a little gourmet into your everyday life. New Zealand butter is infused with all-natural ingredients that are bold and pack a flavour punch.They pair perfectly with cooked meat as a simple accompaniment, or melt them over steak, lamb or chicken. We also have some other ways we’re enjoying them:
- Roast cauliflower florets in a very hot oven until tender and the edges are nicely charred then add Flavour Fiend Toasted Indian Spice Butter, toss to coat and serve sprinkled with fresh coriander and toasted cashews.
- Add an extra dimension to your Sunday roast chicken by spreading one of the amazing Flavour Fiend butters between the skin and the esh of the bird before roasting.
- Make your own garlic bread by cutting slashes into a baguette, spread room temperature Flavour Fiend Garlic & Sea Salt Butter into the slashes and heat in a hot oven until the butter has melted into the bread.
- Steam clams or mussels in a splash of white wine until they have opened then strain in a colander set over a bowl. Whisk Flavour Fiend Butter of your choice into the shellfish liquor until combined; this is called Monte Au Beurre, then serve poured over shellfish with a generous sprinkle of parsley and crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
- Sauté diced onion and quartered button mushrooms until soft before adding pork chops. When the chops are browned on each side and cooked through, add a Flavour Fiend finishing butter to the pan and, when melted, spoon over the chop and mushroom mix.