AA Milne of Winnie the Pooh once wrote … “What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.” We agree! Potatoes are deliciously warming and perfect for autumn and winter eating.
Our favourite ways with potatoes are:
- Leek and Potato Soup – we make creamy mash and ladle that soup right in and mix in in the bowl –yep in the bowl! Nothing better than with crusty French bread and butter
- Dauphinois – When you have time to dedicate to it it is the best thing ever and what is better than cream and butter slow cooked with potatoes.
- Indian recipes abound using the humble potato
- We enjoy a simple dish of oven baked potato pieces with turmeric, mustard seeds and cumin served with oven roasted cauliflower
- Colcannon – Mash with cabbage can be transformed when panfried and served with a poached egg on top –even better if you add some pan fried corned beef!
- Duck fat roasted potatoes-simple but patience is everything to ensure the well crisped result