PORK AND BEEF MEATBALLS WITH SPAGHETTI
Prep: 25 MINS
Cook Time: 35 MINUTES
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a medium sized frying pan.
- Add half the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Tip into a large bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add both minced meats to the onion mix, combining well and season. Roll mixture into evenly sized balls. Roll the balls in flour to coat and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of cooking oil to the frying pan. Add the meatballs in batches and brown on all sides. Once browned set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of cooking oil to the pan. Add the remaining onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the tin of tomatoes and reduce the heat to the gentle simmer.
- Return the meatballs to the tomato sauce and continue to cook while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large sauce pan filled with salted water to the boil. Cook the spaghetti for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain the spaghetti in a colander.
- Serve the spaghetti in bowls with the meatballs in the tomato sauce topped with the parsley and parmesan.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 500 g Pork Mince
- 500 g Beef Mince
- 15 g all-purpose flour
- 1 Chopped tomatoes
- 500 g Spaghetti
- 8 g Italian parsley
- 25 g Grated parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste