THAI NOODLES WITH LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
Place stock in a medium-large sized pot over a high heat.
Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, spice mix, liquid mix, white pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and let infuse for 20 minutes
Heat cooking oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat.
Add the garlic, ginger, reserved lemongrass and season to taste, cook until fragrant and lightly coloured. Add the chicken mince breaking up with a wooden spoon, cook until slightly browned.
Remove from heat, set aside until needed.
In another large pot bring 3 litres of water to the boil and cook the rice noodles for 4-5 mins until tender.
Drain noodles and divide into 4 serving bowls. Ladle the hot broth over the noodles.
Evenly spoon the minced lemongrass chicken into each bowl. Garnish and serve with, mung beans, coriander and a lemon wedge.
For the broth:
- 50 g Chicken Stock Concentrate mixed with 1 litre hot water
- 1 Lemongrass roughly chopped. White part finely chopped and reserved for chicken.
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves torn
- 1 Spice Mix contains cinnamon sticks, star anise.
- 1 Liquid Mix contains soy sauce, fish sauce, white sugar.
- 2 g white pepper
For the lemongrass chicken:
- 60 ml Cooking oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves peeled, finely chopped
- 10 g Ginger peeled, finely chopped
- 650 g chicken mince
- 1 Rice Stick noodles
- 1 Mung Bean Sprouts
- 20 g Coriander leaves picked
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges